In 1948, Welshman Bill Woodward joined De Aston School, and soon started to teach the boys Rugby. They started to play the locals and by 1950, there enough interest to form the Market Rasen Rugby Union Football Club. Lord Heneage was the Patron.
Later the Club amalgamated with Louth to form Market Rasen and Louth RUFC. The Hut in the carpark was officially open in March 1966 by Bill Harris.
“Twenty-five years of…” was written by George Geeson in 1975.