The Town Memorial
Adding the names of the men who died during WW II was discussed in the Urban District Council meetings. Market Rasen Mail reported on these meetings. The date, when they were added is not recorded. It is known that Mr Brown engraved the names of his friends on the memorial, as his father Jack Brown had done after WW1. Both men worked for Scupham’s.
St Thomas Church Memorial window
October 1950, a dedication ceremony was carried out by Dr A Greaves, Bishop of Grimsby.
De Aston School
Old De Astonians from a wide area gathered at Market Rasen in 1959 for the unveiling of a memorial tablet. Placed near the entrance to the new sixth form block, the tablet commemorated the 53 old boys who gave their lives in the two world wars. Edward Welbourne, Master of Emmanuel College, Cambridge, and a distinguished old boy, performed the unveiling ceremony.
Mr Welbourne second on the left, Dr Walter, Mr McGowan (Headmaster), Sir Heneage, Mr Lancaster,
Reported in the Market Rasen Mail.
Secondary Modern School
Information from Lincstothepast.com
March 1946 Market Rasen Mail reported that Mr W O Bristow unveiled the bronze memorial plaque.